Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Weensy Walnut Dresser in White

Everything is white right now. Seventy four million requests for white- all in a row. And then I go out and pick up a new MAGNIFICENT hutch tonight off craigslist- solid mahogany, and on the long drive home I'm thinking about what I should paint it- and all I can think is, white? Definitely white. Clearly I've caught the fever too.
        I'm not sure I could love this piece any more in any other color. It's a late 19th century solid walnut petite chest. I actually have a nearly identical one in my master bedroom. It's a lovely little piece, and the drawers work nicely on it. The client wanted light and bright- so I used just a clear coat on the top- and just like the Art Deco walnut sideboard I just showed you- it pulled pretty dark. But oh so delicious. The white and the gentle distressing bring the details of the applied moldings out so nicely, and contrast perfectly with the top.






1 comment:

  1. i LOVE IT. Any of the pastel colors would have looked great on this piece of furniture, but white is just so warm and cosy.

    ReplyDelete