Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Gilded Age

Patience is a virtue, and so are razor sharp haggling skills... at least in the good book of " wicked sexy furniture"- I waited months to buy this spectacular c.1940 solid mahogany chinoiserie set and it was worth it!

         Now that I think about it, 'Wicked Sexy Furniture' is an excellent title for the uproarious book I've been tipsily typing my way through, bit by bit.  Ya'll want to read a hilarious book about all my most salacious furniture adventures right? Right?!... No, don't lie to me, none of you read the parts I write, you're here for the pictures. That's ok, the book AND this post won't disappoint on that front.

- and for the record, I've read about 5% of the thirty thousand design magazines and books I own too. Sorry Cottages and Bungalows, you could be composing the most debaucherous and salty limericks for each and every page, and I'd still gloss right over the print to drool on the delicious design pictures that make me hate my stupid house (I love my house).

        So without further ado, ehhhh you're not reading anyway- Penguin! Bath Salts! Eddie Redmayne! Pancake! Abysmal! Toothbrush!

         You and I both know it's the money shot you're after---

Behold the glory of charcoal gray, linen white, and hours and mother effing hours of painstaking work with a teensy detail brush and a tiny pot of liquid gold.









3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, no casting aspersions on my reading skills. I skip nary a word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS wicked sexy!

    ReplyDelete