Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A French Provincial Hutch in Pale Blue

It's funny, I got three separate messages from people on Facebook when this hutch went up for sale at a great price on a local BUY/SELL/TRADE page. I appreciate ya'll constantly keeping an eye out for great furniture for me!
         And obviously I needed this hutch. I love hutches, and this is a dynamite one. Mid 20th century, cherry and poplar, great form, great scale, heavy as a pregnant elephant.
          To highlight the French Provincial lines of the piece I went with a custom mixed chalky blue gray, distressed and waxed to perfection, with a pale pale blue for the interior. I kept the original pulls on the lower doors but swapped out the ones on the top doors for knobs that were just a bit bigger. I left the very inside edge around all the magnificent windows in the original rich wood tone to really maximize their effect. It took a lot of work with a detail brush and a steady hand, but I just love how it turned out.






No comments:

Post a Comment