Friday, March 4, 2016

A Maple Ethan Allen Hutch in Blue and Cream

I'm sorry, I know I've been showing you a lot of hutches lately. Don't worry though I'll have two dining tables and a kitchen island to show you shortly, to cleanse the palette.
      This superb vintage Ethan Allen solid maple hutch was give to me in trade for delivering, believe it or not, another hutch. Being Ethan Allen, is wonderfully built, but definitely had a bit of a dated feel to it. I refinished the maple top to liven it up, and painted the case in a custom blue called 'Blue Bird', and the interior in a custom deep cream called 'Praline'. I distressed all the painted surfaces and then waxed them. Finally, I replaced the underwhelming brass knobs with faceted glass ones for just a hint of sparkle. I staged it with a group of antique transferware I purchased at an antique shop in Glastonbury this week.















No comments:

Post a Comment