Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Cottage Cupboard and Side Table

Phew sorry for the blog silence for the last couple of days. I've been cleaning the house like a crazy person trying to get ready for tomorrow's Easter festivities. You'd think I have two toddlers, not two border collies, the mess they make!

       I photographed this antique Victorian walnut side table and vintage cupboard together a few days ago, but am just now getting around to putting the post together. Both pieces are custom for clients, though custom for different clients. I just happened to finish them at the same time and thought they looked pretty together! The cupboard was a dark vintage affair, classic 80s or 90s, nicely built but dark and dreary. The client selected a peppy yellow- folk art gold- for the exterior, and a classic cream for the interior. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top to let the wood grain of the pine shine through. Those old surfaces as so opaque you can hardly tell what kind of wood a piece is!

       The Victorian side table is custom for a client who lives on Long Island. It's a sweet little table, but needed its surfaces addressed. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top and painted the base in a custom mixed green named "Juniper".

        Now that my house is clean as a whistle I'll be hitting the furniture hard today. I hope to have some new goodies to share with you by the end of the day. And tomorrow morning is the first flea market, I'll be heading out there at the crack of dawn, and will hopefully score lots of new antique treasures!!








1 comment:

  1. Lovely, what is the price for the cupboard?

    ReplyDelete