Monday, September 14, 2015

A Vintage Maple Cupboard

Isn't this cupboard cute as a button! It's vintage, maple, and probably dates to about 1950. I think it was originally meant as a child's dresser, as the space behind the door had a little rack where one could hang clothes (but they'd have to be tiny clothes). The piece is better suited in a kitchen or as a media cabinet, so I replaced the hanging rack with two shelves, stained to match the spectacular solid maple top. I painted the case in a custom mixed pale blue green called 'Sea Glass', distressed to let the bright green of the color peek through. I replaced the clunky old drawer pulls with handsome turned knobs stained to match the top. I painted the interior of the cupboard in a creamy antique white called 'Washed Linen'. 













No comments:

Post a Comment