Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Picks: Skinners Online Americana Auction

It's another dark and dreary day here in Connecticut, the last before we see the sun again tomorrow. Though I shouldn't complain as we dearly needed this soaking rain, I can't get much done in the way of furniture when the humidity is this high and it's pouring. Instead I've been spending time searching around online for fresh ideas and inspiration. Skinner's has a fantastic online Americana auction up at the moment with loads of beautiful antique furniture and objects. You can view the entire sale here! 
And here are my top picks!
Antique livery sign

I just love this pair of screeching cats.

Great late 19th century appliqué quilt

The powder blue on this little stand is exceptional

My top pick of the sale, this fabulous antique rooster portrait. I want this in the worst way.

I simply cannot resist a good early sign

Great sponge decorated chest

The yellow on this corner cupboard makes my knees weak.

A lovely little antique chest in vibrant blue

fantastic and boldly graphic early 20th century trade sign

Very sweet and simple paint decoration on this mid 19th century chest of drawers.

two sweet 19th century quilts

These antique boxes are so SO SO cool.

The perfect sign for a farmhouse kitchen

handsome subtle decoration on this little box. I also like the oval brasses as handles, an interesting detail.

I adore the colors on this simple, unassuming make-do cupboard.

late 19th century paint decoration on an early 19th century tall case clock. Very neat.

And finally a fabulous antique piano trade sign 

1 comment:

  1. That blue chest is to die for! I see way too many things that I would love to have - good thing I'm not in my hometown (Marlboro!!) for this auction!

    ReplyDelete