Friday, June 5, 2015

An Antique Sideboard in Bright Summer Green

I got this stunning sideboard as part of a group from New Haven this past Saturday. I love the carving and the fine, well developed lines. I refinished the top to let the mahogany show to its fullest, and painted the case in a custom mixed bright summery green called Tart Apple. I painted the interior in a dark charcoal gray. I distressed and waxed the case and used the original handsome bail brass pulls. I love this piece and I wish I had a place for it in my own home, but alas, all my rooms are full already.









Cross posted with:


The Dedicated House

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/07/2015

    That's really beautiful!
    The stained top AND the body color--wish it was mine!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this green! The piece is stunning. Can you tell me more about the paint?
    Thank you
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Green is a winner!

    ReplyDelete