Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Pair of Antique Mahogany Dressers in Spearmint

More furniture from the large bedroom group I picked up last week. Though I'm painting the other pieces different colors so they can be paired with these, or without, these two dressers I made identical because they really really should stay together. Look how lovely they look side by side! The tall dresser is dated on the inside October 26th, 1948, which means they are 67 years old, but they've been very well cared for, and are in perfect condition. I painted the cases first in a very bold aqua, and then in a pale shade of spearmint so the brighter hue would peek through after distressing. I switched the pulls out for antique turned wood knobs painted in the palest shade of green. I sanded both tops, stained, and sealed.













No comments:

Post a Comment