Friday, April 24, 2015

A Vintage Dresser Turned Kitchen Server

This might be the quickest turn around I've ever had on a piece of furniture. I bought this handsome vintage Bassett dresser at a tagsale on Saturday morning, and sold it to some clients for a custom refinish on Saturday afternoon, while it was still in the back of my pickup truck. Likely because of that, I failed to take a 'before' picture, but I hunted around online until I found a picture of a similar Bassett dresser so you could get a sense of the transformation. I removed the bottom four drawers and ran four 8" boards across as shelves, painted the case and interior in an antique white, distressed and waxed, added a pine top to match the shelves, and swapped out the drawer pulls with brushed nickel cove pulls to match the client's kitchen hardware. I love the scrolled apron and how the white contrasts with the pine. Delivering it tomorrow!

again I want to reiterate that this is not the actual before, just a similar bassett dresser from about the same period. 











The Dedicated House

No comments:

Post a Comment