Sunday, March 15, 2015

Go Bold or Go Home

             I've been spending a lot more time outside than ever before in my life. This is the first spring where I've not been tied to a computer and a desk for nine hours a day. I'm back and forth from my workshop to my house, and I spend extended periods of time outside sanding, loading, and unloading furniture. Because of this, I've been keeping a very close eye on the change of the seasons. Truly, this spring came right on time, and has not disappointed thus far. It was brutally cold in Connecticut right up through the first week of March, and then a magical switch clicked, and it's been quite lovely ever since. Now when I say lovely, I mean seasonable. It's been about 40-50 most days, and fairly dry and sunny. A gal can't complain!

               Here's two pictures I took this week, one of daffodils coming up along my house, and another of our local fabulous nursery, Paul and Sandy's, who just put their pansies out (I bought a batch of mini purple ones.)




             
With all this spring in the air, I'm aching to make some decor changes to my cottage. I've been on a green and yellow palette for several seasons now and I think I'd like to go brighter and bolder, because who doesn't love a cheerful bright home!

                Here are some pretty examples:

I love the play of the teal cabinets with the terra-cotta tile floor.

via

I am heavily heavily tempted to paint my kitchen cabinets this rich warm yellow

via

This absolutely stunning armchair. LOVE.
via

For a temporary update swap out a cabinet skirt for a bold stripe and compliment with an equally cheeky throw rug!
via

I'm a sucker for Audubon prints, and chartreuse velvet, this room is the cat's pajamas.
via

The combination of the rustic pine floor and the over the top wallpaper is show stopping.
via

Loads of cheerful florals and bright colors make this country bedroom picture perfect.
via

A teal velvet wingback chair that matches the carpet perfectly
via

The antique turquoise cabinets are chippy and casual, so beautiful.
via

And finally, the cabinets may be simple and white but the floor is- take no prisoners- bold.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment