Friday, March 27, 2015

An Antique Dresser in Blue

I picked this piece up on Wednesday from the local indoor flea market. I'd been eyeing it for a week or so and finally made up my mind to snap it up. It's a beautiful early 20th century dresser with fluted legs and flame mahogany drawer fronts. I decided to play up the drawer fronts by refinishing them and painting the rest of the case in a bold deep blue, distressed, and of course finished with wax. Finally I added some antique gold pulls to really up the drama ante. I love it, don't you? It's all set for a new home!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you kept that gorgeous flame mahogany on this piece. What an amazing difference stripping the old shellac (or whatever) off of those drawers made. I think that is one reason people don't save the wood on these pieces. It is just not very pretty under 70 year old shellac! The blue on the rest of the piece further highlights the gorgeous wood on the drawers. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete