Tuesday, February 10, 2015

French Provincial Desk in Pale Blue

The goodwill has been treating me well lately. Without tagsales and flea markets, I have to go farther afield for my furniture sources, namely auctions and craigslist. Every now and then I wander into goodwill, though, and I've scored some tremendous pieces of furniture that way. I picked this desk up on Sunday and couldn't wait to get started on it. I love working on desks, they always turn out so nicely. I knew the moment I saw this one, under the fluorescent goodwill lights, that it was destined to be painted a pale blue. I sanded, stained, and sealed the beautiful top in a medium brown, minwax's provincial. The drawer pulls are original, and lovely, so there was no reason to swap them out. The desk is so well built, all solid pine construction, and all the drawers work perfectly. It's finished on all four sides as well, so you could float this in a room if you choose.









Cross Posted with:


2 comments: