Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Bright and Cheery Home Office

 Sometimes the smallest change can feel like the biggest upgrade. A few weeks ago I swapped out my hard, not particularly comfortable desk chair for a glorious antique upholstered wing chair. Now every time I blog in my workshop, I feel cozy and, dare I say, a bit regal.

        When the folks are Chairish.com approached me to design a mood board around an accent chair, I knew immediately that I wanted to do a home office centered around another fantastic armchair. Chairish.com is an online retailer specializing in beautiful vintage furniture, decor, jewelry, and accessories. Their curated selections take the guesswork out of creating a flawless look for your home, and with a smashing array of decor and furniture spanning all styles, periods, and budgets, they bring an international buying experience right to your door! You can check out their entire vintage furniture selection here. 

         For the task at hand I was presented with a variety of lovely accent chairs from which to choose; my mission: Take a room from white to bright! 

Here's the chair I selected, a stunning antique French fauteuil armchair in gilt wood and teal velvet upholstery...be still my heart!


And here's the mood board- A Bright and Cheery Home Office



 I wanted to find a balance between sophistication and playfulness. Though there's lots and lots of color going on in this space, it's well balanced, and fully tied together with the artwork. I could definitely do some serious blogging in a room that looked like this!

So here's the break down:

Inspiration Piece:
Antique French Armchair
via Chairish.com

Artwork and Mirrors:

Antique French arched top mirror
via



Wildflower and Dandelion by Jean Swan Gordon (1922-2013) Cooley Gallery
via

John James Audubon Wood Ibis, Arader Galleries
via

John James Audubon Flamingo, Arader Galleries
via

Decorative Accessories 

Watercolor feathers pillowcase
via 
Kate Spade Splatter Pillowcase in powder blue
via

Today is the Greatest Day pillowcase
via

Pink striated throw blanket with self fringe
via
Rug in powder blue
via

Lighting

Pair of mercury glass table lamps
via

Aqua glass beaded chandelier
via

Furniture

Antique French Walnut writing desk with barley twist legs. C. 1840
via

Tufted pink velvet settee- Urban Outfitters
via

Antique English Burled Walnut Glazed Top Bookcase c.1840
via

Pair of vintage English burled walnut side tables. Mid 20th century
via

Velvet teal tufted ottoman
via




No comments:

Post a Comment