Thursday, January 8, 2015

Flight of Fancy

It's freezing outside, aggressively, violently freezing outside. The windchill is something like -15. That's unacceptable and crazy. I'd cry but the tears would freeze as they fell,
further chapping my poor cold face.

      So let's play make believe. 

Remember spring? It was a long time ago, I know- but as one of you kind readers commented last week "Spring is but a crocus bloom away". Which of you said that? It was posted anonymously, 
but I love it.

      You know what makes me think of spring? Everything, because I'm desperate. 
But especially birds and butterflies. 
They're brightly colored and cheerful and make me believe April isn't as far away as it feels now. 

      So cuddle up, do whatever it takes to stay warm, and enjoy a little taste of spring.

      P.S. this is what I look like right now while writing this post. 

Feeling very sorry for myself.

A simply styled bathroom gets a kick of character from these oversized butterfly prints.
via
Incredible boldly rendered pheasant wall paper.
via

I love the neutrals in this retro living room. The print over the mantel gives the space a whimsical touch.
via

Butterflies framed and applied directly to the wall in this cheerful cheeky kitchen!
via

I found this while working on this post and ordered it straight away. I adore all the colors!!
via
Beautiful stylized bird print curtains.
via 

Absolutely stunning shower curtain for an absolutely stunning bathroom.
via

This chair is spectacular. Check out the link below for the blogger's full tutorial!
via

A gorgeous ethereal wallpaper that would be oh so perfect in a living room.
via

A funky, almost psychedelic botanical print of egrets (herons?).
via

This Etsy dealer has a superb collection of bird printed wrapping paper. Would be so amazing as drawer liner too!
via

A wonderful vignette of vintage objects.
via

This is a rug. Be still my heart. THIS IS A RUG!!
via

A breathtaking dresser refinish in pale blue and birds. I might have a go at something similar!
via



4 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Love the birds - the wallpaper speaks to me! Adore the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresser is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look stunning all covered up...i LOVE THAT photo of you.

    ReplyDelete