Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Vintage Walnut Dining Set

I picked up this dining set a couple weeks ago and immediately fell in love with the intricate turnings and scroll work on every inch of the table and chairs. So unique and funky. I painted the chairs and table base in a pale gray with a hint of blue, and sanded, stained, and sealed the table top to play up the exceptional walnut. I covered the chair seats in a neutral paisley to play off the twists and scrolls of the woodwork. It includes six chairs, and the table, which has two built in leaves. You'll have to forgive me for photographing it inside, but it was dreadful windy and cold yesterday, and I couldn't will myself to leave the lovely warmth of my workshop!















1 comment:

  1. nice to see a view of the shop.. all filled with gorgeous pieces.

    ReplyDelete