Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Top Picks Antique Dealers Association Online Show

Quick! Hurry over to the Antique Dealers Association's 2nd Annual online show. It runs December 2nd-4th and there are so so many gorgeous things available from many of the top dealers in the country! I've just spent several pleasant hours pouring through all of it, and picked out my favorites. I've provided the direct links to each object below it in the caption, so you can click directly to its page and read the full description.

Fantastic early 20th century trade sign. One of you NEEDS this for your man cave.
Direct Link Here 

I absolutely adore the soft blue and milk white on this handsome slip decorated mochaware mug, so much so that I'm going to paint a piece of furniture inspired by its delicious palette. The price on this lovely piece is very reasonable, and it would make a fabulous holiday gift!
Direct Link Here 

Oh my sweet baby jesus. I adore this early 20th century tower clock face so much. Too much. It's over six feet in diameter! I might sell my soul for it. Does paypal accept souls?
Direct Link Here 

You cannot rival the quiet beauty of a patina earned by many hands over hundreds of years. There is nothing like it in the world. Look at the beautiful color and luscious texture on this NorthEastern Ash Burl Bowl. It dates to the mid 18th century. Let that rock your world for a moment. This bowl is well over 200 years old, and you can own it!
Direct Link Here 

I love how much this stenciled early 19th century bedcover resembles appliquéd pieces of the same era,
I'd wager it's 1820-1835.
 One has to wonder what motivated the maker to deviate from the standard textile model- was she a painter?
 During the same period, homes all over the Northeast were being decked out in the most fantastically outrageous stencil decoration, so perhaps she was drawing inspiration from the very walls of her own home.
Either way, this piece is a triumph of American Folk Art.
Direct Link Here 

This Aquamarine bowl dates to c.1840. Its exceptional form and color are remarkable, so delicate and yet gutsy.
It's my top pick of all. I wants it, my precious.
Direct Link Here 

Just look at this charming mid 19th century portrait of young man! He's all kitted out for the hunt. It's tremendously endearing. Would be so perfect hanging over a mantel in a country home.
Direct Link Here 

Many early 20th century signs have this similar form- with gold lettering on a black sand paint ground. I have two already in my collection. What makes this sign particularly fine is both the subject matter- I mean really, one of you New Yorkers should snatch this up pronto- and the truly wonderful lettering. That's a gorgeous above and beyond script, very pretty.
Direct Link Here 

My Dad would love this. He's a big big fan of 19th century ship portraits, and this one is ever so wonderful.
It's a portrait of the barque Savannah, which featured both steam and sail power.
The painting dates to 1835-1850.
Direct Link Here 

 So, you know the toaster sitting on your kitchen counter as we speak? Well this is the early 19th century version, though not quite, because- is your toaster pretty? My certainly isn't. This toaster is SO pretty- and can you imagine your toast coming out with a darling winged heart motif? Such care and attention to detail.
Direct Link Here 

Ohhhhh Man. This 19th century yellow paint decorated counter; It would make the perfect kitchen island.
 It's the perfect size. OR with a flat screen TV over it in a living room! SO many options. It's stunning, it's brilliant, and sadly it's already sold. I loved it so much I still had to show you, though.
Direct Link Here 

This painting is superb, enchanting, wait I need my thesaurus, these words don't do it justice. I want to climb into the canvas and join that gal for tea. If I owned this I would tear up a bit every single time I walked by it.
It's almost unbearably wonderful.
Tea Time by Frank Townsend Hutchens (1869-1937)
Direct Link Here 

Because antiques can make your home exterior beautiful and inviting too, a pair of early 20th century garden finials. Wouldn't they be fabulous at the front end of a garden path!
Direct Link Here 
And finally- how about a bold kick of color. How sexy is this mid 19th century Odd Fellows paint decorated box?
It's so cool, so funky.
Direct Link Here 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, ugh! I didn't see your blog post until after the sale had ended. Is that not so-o-o-o sad?

    ReplyDelete