Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hello Sunshine!

It's been gray and dreary for days and days here in Connecticut. It will not be a white Christmas; we actually have a flood watch for tonight. Santa may need to come through via rowboat.

I've been aching to paint something in a bright cheery yellow for a while now, and this fabulous antique mahogany tall chest by Drexel was the perfect candidate. I picked this up at the one and only storage auction I will ever attend. My picker friend talked me into it, and, to be honest, it was rather dreadful. Definitely not the way I prefer to acquire objects. Anyway, this beautiful chest was the only silver lining. I bought it off a guy who had just purchased the whole storage locker in which it was hidden. I'm absolutely in love with the pressed brass draw pulls, they're an especially sophisticated example. The serpentine top is also outstanding.









No comments:

Post a Comment