Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Pair of Mint Green Nightstands

We've needed a new pair of night stands in our master bedroom for a while now. The current ones are the last remaining vestiges of the absolutely horrible furniture we first purchased when we moved in together. It came from a discount furniture retailer, and it was absolute junk. The new night stands are vintage, such a cool and funky shape, and certain to adds lots of character to the room. I added new tops because I know these are gonna get a lot of wear and tear, and solid wood can do the job where veneer fails. I painted the cases in a pale mint green, lots of distressing, and a dark wax to finish. I adore the original drawer pulls, so there was no need to replace them. I added a backsplash on the back because, fun fact, I'm blind as a bat, and forever knocking my glasses off the back of my night stand as I fumble for them.






No comments:

Post a Comment