Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Custom Square Farm Table

We've all got tricky spaces in our homes. For me, it's my dining room. My dining room is something like 2" x 2" and is not only a room, but also serves as the hallway between the kitchen, family room, stairs, and downstairs bath. It's a bit of a challenge to decorate, so I have an extra soft spot in my heart for folks suffering with a similar plight. I had a client working with a slightly challenging dining space, who needed just the right size table to fit, but also to accommodate six dining chairs. We examined multiple options and in the end decided I should built her a custom square pine farm table.
       I had the perfect set of antique oak table legs that I'd been saving since I scooped them up at Brimfield in May. I painted the table base to match the chairs, a creamy mocha, and stained and sealed the top in English Chestnut. I sanded the finished chalk paint with a 220 grit sandpaper, and sealed it with wax for a satin smooth and ultra durable finish. Now it's all ready for Thanksgiving guests. Not bad for a nine day turn around!





No comments:

Post a Comment