Thursday, October 2, 2014

Vintage Pine Stepback Cupboard

Every now and then I fall so head over heels for a piece of furniture that I have to steal it for my own inventory. I've been wanting a stepback cupboard with open shelving for a while, and when I saw this handmade vintage piece, I was very very tempted to keep it for myself. The nail in the coffin was when I swapped the little enamel pulls out for antique brass pulls. After I did that, I took a step back (haha) and thought, "yup, I'm keeping this one". And it was no small feat, the piece that was previously in its place is also a stunner. I wish desperately that I had a place in my home for both!

Before and afters below! I've got it all tricked out for Autumn, and I think it will be fun to swap out the stuff on the shelves for each season!








3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/02/2014

    I'm new to your blog and just love the items you find and redo! You're keeping me inspired and I am in awe how quick you turn your beautiful pieces around:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/03/2014

    Hi Kate,
    I love what you have done with this piece. I like the two tone colors you have chosen. And I especially like the fall accents/items on the shelving that are bright with color, yet still very "fall-like." Would love looking at this every day in my home. I think I will follow your lead with the brighter fall colors. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/03/2014

    The color combination is lovely. What colors and type of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete