Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tour the Kitchen

I gave our kitchen a good cleaning on Sunday before we hosted Easter. It was looking quite lovely on Monday morning with the sun streaming in, so I thought I'd take some photos to show you. The space was once two rooms, a tiny kitchen, and a tiny bedroom. I knocked down the wall that divided the two rooms, we put in new floors, painted the walls, and added an island. The cabinets are all antiques, probably installed in the 1930s or 40s. We love them. They add so much character and charm to the space. When we bought the house they had linoleum glued down as counter tops. Obviously we had to re-do that. Every now and then we'll give the boxes themselves a fresh coat of paint, too.

It's rainy and cold out now but this morning the sun was out and I saw a rainbow on my way in. Spring is a funny season.















No comments:

Post a Comment