Monday, March 17, 2014

The Guest House: Progress Report

Hi Guys and Gals! Happy St. Patrick's Day! This would be my favorite holiday if it weren't for the miserable weather every year. How about something fun and cheerful to look at. We've finished the downstairs of the music studio/ guest house. I'm going to make you look at lots of progress pics, as it's been quite a journey. Scroll down to see the final result. What do you think? Now to start on the upstairs! No rest of the weary etc etc.

*November 2013*



Completed exterior from the front


 Completed exterior from the back

Downstairs interior

upstairs interior looking towards the back of the building


 Upstairs interior looking towards the front of the building

 wiring roughed in, bead board walls going up. 


 painting the walls.


 This is where the new upright piano will go.


 husband installing floors

me installing floors

track lighting installed

And the big reveal for the downstairs!!
*March 2014*









And of course we had to have some friends over to help us break it in.
*boggle in progress*




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/17/2014

    Fun night in a beautiful space...look at all that light streaming!! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/17/2014

    Wow! That looks amazing! Great job building and designing/decor!
    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazin Kate!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, came across your blog a few weeks back, and, WOW! I love what you do with old furniture and love your guest house! So lovely. I really would like to change my career and refinish furniture after looking at what you do!

    I am in the process of tearing out my oak floors due to tenants' dogs ruining it...I tried to salvage them, but finally gave in. So, I couldn't help but wonder what your wd floors are? Are they the real deal or laminate, or...? They are beautiful and the darkish stain is something I may want to copy! I'll continue to visit your site, I thoroughly enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete