Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Projects

Ok, well it doesn't feel like Spring, and it sure doesn't look like Spring, but hey, a girl can dream right? The guest house project is swinging along fabulously, and it should be done within a couple weeks. The downstairs is completely finished- so hooray for that!
Now, because I have no concept of relaxing or free time, here are the next projects I'd like to tackle this Spring and Summer.

1. Install hardwood floors on the front porch. The current floors, a horrible pink industrial carpet that the previous owner installed, are so painfully ugly.

ewwww. I mean look at that terrible seam running along. And they're dirty and I hate them.

So we'll be installing the same pine floors that we did in the kitchen a few years ago.

2. Renovating the oversized garage to turn it into my workshop. This is the space I'm working with. We're going to beadboard the walls, replace the ceiling with tongue and groove pine like we did in the upstairs of the main house and will be doing in the upstairs of the guest house. The floors are now painting a giant black and white check pattern, which I'll be keeping because workshop floors get all paint splattered anyway. I'm going to be doing new light fixtures etc etc. 


Yea, this one looks daunting but it's only a few weekends of work and I've got big big plans.


3. My insanely multi-talented mother is our go-to plumber, much to her chagrin. She's just gonna love this next plan. Hey Mom-remember how we just finished the upstairs bathroom last spring? Well, you did such a smashing job that we wonder if you'd like to come back and help us install a bathtub in what was going to be the walk-in closet. I'll pay you in antiques!! ;)


And here are some tubs that caught my eye~

via

via

via

via

via
4. Now a really spring-y thought. I think the front downstairs windows on my house should have window boxes. Don't you agree? I mean I know it's hard to imagine with this snowy picture, but let's try to pretend winter will end someday.
I think it would add some color and beauty to the front.
Here are some that I've admired. 

via

via

via






No comments:

Post a Comment