Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Upstairs!

Four years ago when we bought our 1923 bungalow, my husband and I had big big dreams. The biggest was to finish the upstairs. The house had a full walk up second floor, with great big peaked ceilings and loads up space, completed un-utilzed. For three years we lived with one bathroom, and no bedrooms, and held on tight to the big dream. Last year we finally undertook the process of insulating, wiring, and building a master bedroom, guest room, bathroom and walk-in closet. It was a difficult and often frustrating task, but we had help from some wonderful family members and friends, and today I'd like to share with you all the progress that we've made. Also, I got my first big-kid camera this week, so for the first time I'm able to take pictures indoors without the most horrible results. I'll start with a few "before" pictures, just so you can get a sense of what it once looked like.

Ok, so the befores are a little scary-




and after!
*The Master Bedroom*









*The Hallway*






*The Guest Room*






*The Walk-in Closet*
(which my husband is using for guitar storage until the studio is built in two weeks)





9 comments:

  1. The floors! The floors! They look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/03/2013

    Absolutely beautiful, and so inviting! You all did a fantastic job, structurally and decorating - this belongs in a magazine :)
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/03/2013

    AMAZING JOB. Question: The bathroom door looks vintage.. is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your master bedroom looks so lovely. I especially like all our vintage signs, especially the buttermilk and "antiques" sign. I own several old signs myself and never tire of looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much. I absolutely love your new master bedroom too! Those bed posts made from porch posts? Absolutely inspired!

      Delete