Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Acquisitions

Yesterday was the town wide tag sale in the town next to mine. I spent a very pleasant morning zipping around hitting up all the sales. There wasn't much furniture, but I did get some great smalls and decorative objects. My husband also spotted a vintage china hutch on the side of the road for my favorite price (free). It's lost it's glass doors, but don't worry. I've got that all figured out.
Isn't it lovely! I'm already almost done with it. I went in the opposite direction of the last hutch I refinished. This one is light and bright and Swedish. I should be able to post 'after' pics on it tomorrow.

A sweet wrought iron mirror. I'm planning to paint it either gold or white.

A long antique mirror. This has already been painted a soft mossy green.

Antique rocking chair. I'm going to recover the seat in something fresh and floral.

This spectacular antique oil can came straight from a barn at a house built in 1818. I love the paint on it. 

A pair of gorgeous mirror sconces. These are gold now.

A spectacular large vintage enamelware bowl.

A pair of wrought iron stranding candelabra.

A beautiful pair of urns. I want to put pumpkins in them for fall.

Antique and vintage Christmas ornaments. Who could resist!

A stunning teensy antique frame. It's only about 6 inches tall. 

And finally a beautiful pair of antique folding chairs. They're in smashing condition, and I will not be painting them. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/07/2013

    I can't wait to see how you redo this next china hutch. I know it will be amazing.
    BTW, the black and cream china hutch is smashing !!!!!!! This is a show piece for any room in the house.
    As I have said before, you are a genius.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete