Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An Antique Chestnut Dresser

I bought this dresser about a year ago and refinished it in a simple white. I liked it so much that I kept it for myself. The American Chestnut is all but extinct, and you cannot find this wood on the market except in antique pieces. It makes stunning furniture, with an attractive wood grain closely resembling oak. Through various furniture shuffles that are an inherent part of life in my house, the chestnut dresser ended up in the basement. I decided to re-visit it this week, with a new distressed paint surface with a spring green peeking through. The goooorgeous patina's brass drawer pulls are original to the piece.
This one's in the shop now!






This post is partying at:

startathome

1 comment:

  1. Great little piece! Love the little bit of green peaking through, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete