Friday, September 13, 2013

Painted Trestle Tables

When I have a new furniture project that I'm excited to start I like to do a little research for inspiration ahead of time. I scored a great vintage trestle table dining set on craigslist at the beginning of the week, and I'm planning to spend a pleasant day tomorrow working on it. I've been doing a lot of wood tops lately, so I've decided to paint the entire set in a creamy white, with just a hint of mocha undertone, then liberally distress the whole thing. The chairs and table have a decidedly farmhouse feel, and I think the fresh white paint and distressing will really maximize that appeal. I'll show you pictures of the set as soon as it's done. In the mean time- here are some other beautiful painted trestle tables.
Happy Friday the 13th!
The benches here give this dining set a breezy casual feel. 

This is my inspiration for the set I'm about to tackle. I like to color and the level of distressing.

This goooorgeous antique table looks terrific with these cheeky outdoor benches.
Look at the carving at the ends. Stunning!

Here the trestle table has been paired with some windsor chairs and a built in bench. The all white table helps to keep things grounded with a riot of colorful pillows. 

Well, I was quite certain I was going to paint the chairs to match the table until I came across this picture. Look how breathtaking these vintage red chairs are with the rustic white table!

Here the white trestle table's been paired with antique black chairs. The contrast is chipper and handsome.

Proof that a white painted trestle table is a spectacularly versatile piece, this table's paired perfectly with a flock of multi-colored and very funky vintage iron chairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment