Sunday, July 14, 2013

What I Bought in Brimfield

I went into this Brimfield excursion fairly determined not to spend loads of money or buy loads of stuff. My house is pretty full and I've got a good back stock of furniture to refinish. Weeellllll, I severely lack self control, especially in matters related to antiques.  I suppose we all have our weaknesses! My mom also brought down a few vintage objects that she picked up for me up in Maine. So here's what I came with on Friday!

I just had to have this large antique five legged gate leg table. I'd say it dates to about 1840 or so. The turnings on the legs are fantastic. I love the deep color of the early grain painting. I have no idea where I'm going to put it in my house, but something less awesome is getting bumped.



These giant folk art paint ducks are from the mid 20th century. They're incredibly funky and cool wall art. Again, no idea where they're gonna go, put they were too fun to pass up.

They're huge- about 32 inches tall!


Great pair of vintage copper and beveled glass outdoor light fixtures


And this pair of iron sculptural lamps were a bargain. I want to get some simple linen shades for them.


Here's my weathervane that my mom bought for me in Maine- finally come home to roost in East Hampton.

A sweet vintage oil painting c.1900. I've found that I'm now seriously collecting antique oil paintings that remind me of the Shire (Yes, that's a Lord of the Rings reference)


I just adore it. It's hanging with two other antique oil on canvas paintings in my kitchen




This beautiful collection of vintage miniature colored vases came from my grandparents.
 Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!


My mom also brought down this vintage eight sided mirror.

You wouldn't believe how little I paid for this vintage cut glass and mercury glass chandelier- ok you really want to know? $5!! I'm going to buy some antique crystals and make my own crystal chandelier!


1 comment:

  1. gorgeous stuff, can't wait to see your finished chandelier!

    ReplyDelete