Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cheating on my Dining Room Set

Sorry It's been a while since my last post. My husband and I are staycationing this week (for those of you who don't know, that's vacationing, but staying at home to do it). So far our vacation has included day trips to the beach, leisurely brunches at our favorite breakfast diner, eating giant cones of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and staying up late watching scary movies. If you haven't seen The Awakening, I highly recommend it. scared the pants off me!
       Anyway, vacationing at home gives you loads of time to sit around, drink wine, and examine your home with an unwarranted level of criticism. I've been spending an especially long time thinking about my dining room. Now don't get me wrong- I really like my current dining room set. It consists of five antique oak school house chairs, currently painted a teal, and an antique oak library table. It's unique and sturdy. But. A couple weeks ago I worked on a dining set that seriously tugged at my heart strings, and it's been up on craigslist since completion and no one's bought it. Is it a sign??? It's a totally different look from what I've got right now and I'll probably regret it if I sell my current set. I don't know. It's going to take at least two more glasses of wine to think this one through. Would love you input!
Here are pictures of my current set that I just snapped, and below is the new set that's tempting me.











2 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one has purchased this set!!!! It's absolutely stunning!
    I love your current set, and this is a huge contrast to it. However, change is always nice. And you will always have the option to sell it if you change your mind.
    Have the hubby help you put it in the dining room. Set it up for a day or 2 and see how you feel.
    Oh, and send me a pic or 2!
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marisa. Though it also seems like theres a sizable footprint difference, which you'll want to consider. As much as I love the tabletop of the new one, the chairs throw me off. I think a new one may be in the cards at some point, but not that one.

    ReplyDelete