Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Dining Room with a Fireplace

It's going to be very very hot out today- mid-90s or so. I'm not complaining, I love summer.
 I thought we could turn the heat up a bit more and talk about fireplaces today. Our fireplace is in the family room. It's original to the house and I'm quite fond of it. I wish we had a fireplace in our dining room too. There's something so elegant and cozy about eating a late dinner while a cheerful fire crackles close by.
If you don't have a fireplace in your dining room, consider swapping the locations of your rooms for a few seasons. It doesn't take much to flip flop dining room and living room furniture, and it might make you see your home in a new light. I would certainly give it a go in our house if our family room didn't also serve as the waiting area for piano students. If it's not an option, you can always add a mantel to create the feel of a fireplace.
Here are some beautiful examples of dining rooms with fireplaces~
This dining area is rustic and elegant in a French Chateau sort of way

The massive scale of the dining table balances the giant fireplace. The mismatched white chairs add a casual air here.

This room is so large and impressive that something about it seems surreal. I included it because I love the green marble fireplace surround.

Such a fabulous room that it's hard to look away from the picture. It makes me really want to paint my dining chairs turquoise. 

Unapologetically industrial, this dining space would feel prison-y if not for the candles and fur throws. 

In soft shades of lavender and limed wood, this dining room feels feminine and peaceful. 

A gorgeous space that's not over decorated but still feels pulled together. It's a really great light fixture too.

My favorite part of this dining room is the incredible piece of folk art on the mantel.
I'm not sure what it is but it's beautiful.

I've included this room before in posts, but it's a favorite of mine. I really like the black windsor chairs with the more rustic farm table.

Everything from the parquet floor to the gargantuan black mirrors in this room screams Parisian Chic.

I'm working on a dining table right now that's quite similar to this one.

Cozy and eclectic, this dining room looks like the perfect place to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

I love how casual a round dining set can feel, especially when pulled up next to a fireplace!

The decorative accessories are kept fairly sparse here to really allow the architecture to take center stage. I really love
an over the top mirror above a mantel. I could do without those weird sculptures though.

1 comment:

  1. hated to see no one has commented on this wonderful post. I had to let you know how great I thought it was. I am new to your blog and I'm sure you noticed I have been going back to your old posts. love it.

    ReplyDelete