Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kitchen Chairs and Island Barstools

Every now and then its fun to give a room a little update- just a shot in the arm to keep things feeling fresh. Now that the upstairs is done (I promise to photograph it soon for you!) I've started thinking it's time to give the kitchen a little facelift. Our cabinets are currently a buttercream color- but I'd like to paint them a truer white, the walls could definitely use a new coat of paint (probably a cream) and I'd like to swap out my barstools and kitchen chairs. The barstools I've been using are pretty cute, and quite functional, but I'd like to go for a more industrial/schoolhouse type style now. We have a pair of kitchen chairs around a faaaabulous small 19th century farm table. The chairs are just vintage folding chairs, and they're not particularly sturdy. I'm going to go for a pair of painted farm chairs instead, to inject a little color into the room. Here are some cool barstools, and kitchen chairs.
This is a really cool stool. It reminds me of the kind we had in chemistry lab class. 
I like the simple, classic lines of this one.

I could just collect a couple different ones for an eclectic feel.

I picked this one up a few weeks ago. It had been at the barn door desk in the office, but got usurped by the antique white wood one I bought at Brimfield last weekend. I think it might be a little too rough for my husband though.

These are possibly the coolest bar stools EVER.

I think this is exactly what I want- I keep gravitating towards this form. I wonder if I could score a pair at the flea market.

This is an especially nice example. The base is very robust, and the seat height is adjustable.

* on to kitchen chairs*

Classic lines, and very handsome. These would work well.

This sweet pair of bow back windsors would look very cute

I really like the color and chippy paint surface of these antique chairs

Another adorable pair with a freshly distressed surface. 


2 comments:

  1. The very first stool you've shown. Where is the photo from, or where can I buy that stool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I'm pretty sure that's a vintage stool. I did some searching just now and found a set of four on ebay.
      Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Toledo-Swivel-Barstool-Walnut-Steel-Frame-and-Backing-Set-of-4-/130961392076?pt=US_Chairs&hash=item1e7de841cc Happy hunting!

      Delete