Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Farmhouse Style Solid Oak Dining Set

Freshly finished! You may remember my post last week on the beauty of dining sets paired with benches. Here is my own example of the form. The double pedestal dining table, matching chairs, and bench are all solid oak. The table also has two 12 in internal leaves. I wanted to do a slightly lighter wood top than I normally do so that it would really pop against the black color of the chairs and bench. It's definitely a dining set with presence and character- perfect for a family farmhouse! Before and afters below. This set is available, so let me know if you're interested! Kateaverydesign@yahoo.com


*Before*
Before- with the chairs in the foreground, the bench behind, and the table behind that, half sanded (it took about 1 million hours to sand that giant table!)

At some point the bench had been stained a reddish color.

*After*
























6 comments:

  1. Wow! The set is just gorgeous. You did an amazing job. And of course I love the flowers. What are the long white flowers? It's all very beautiful and thanks for participating in the inagural Garden Appreciation Society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! I love your blog- I visit every day :)
    I'm not sure what the white flowers are. They grow on a large shrub with 1" thorns on it. The story is that the pervious owner bought the plant at a tag sale, not knowing what it was, about 25 years ago when it was 6 inches tall and planted it. It's now about 8 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I love benches with chairs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whata beautiful job! Thinking of doing something similar, can you tell me how you painted them and what colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely Stunning. Amazing and stylish in black. Ho-hum natural. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is absolutely beautiful. Love the black with the stained top.....super job!

    ReplyDelete