Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Classic Black and Wood Dining Set

I just finished this dining set refinish project for a friend. The dining set itself was beautiful to begin with. Great lines, great turnings, and in flawless condition. The table and chairs were completely finished in a very blonde honey oak, which washed out the set and made it seem a wee bit anemic.
My friend had a fabulous vision for this set and I think the result is pretty handsome. I painted the chairs and the table base with a black enamel gloss. I sanded, stained, and sealed the table top in an English Chestnut (rich mid-tone brown with a hint of red) as well as the seats of the chairs. Sanding all six chair seats was not easy, and I was feeling pretty sorry for myself after I finally got them all sanded. But well worth the effort!
Before and Afters below!













No comments:

Post a Comment