Wednesday, February 27, 2013

White Hutches and Armoires

I promised to show you some pictures of what I purchased while antiquing in Maine. Just about everything that I bought was small enough to fit in my little car, and came home with me on Saturday. I did however buy one very large piece of furniture that I couldn't take home right away. It's the most beautiful antique white hutch. I saw it in the very back of an antique mall and knew I had to have it. My mom went back and picked it up from the antique mall yesterday, and snapped a few photos of it once she got it home so I could show you what it looks like. I'm just waiting for her to email me those photos so I can do a full post of what I bought. In the mean time, I thought we could look at other beautiful white hutches and armoires. These large pieces are a great way to add storage and character to a space. With their large dimensions and rustic cottage appeal, they can feel more like architectural elements than furniture. Whether in a farmhouse kitchen, dining room, or bedroom, white hutches and armoires are so appealing.
Such a fabulous old chippy paint surface on this armoire- it gives it a soft aged look.

I'm cheating. I know this one isn't white- but can we all agree that it's so so beautiful?

Fresh and Springy and all decked out for Easter. Anyone else crazy desperate for Spring??

A gorgeous ornate armoire looks immensely grand with mirror paneled doors.

This one is a dead ringer for the hutch that I bought- though I venture that mine is a bit older. What a pretty kitchen! And I love the collection of cutting boards.

A stunning piece with wonderful dimensions. This would look so pretty in a country kitchen.

Rather than doing boring old kitchen cabinets, this homeowner opted for a hutch-like built in.
 The effect is very handsome.

I imagine this hutch was originally used for merchandise storage in an old grocer or dry goods store. You'd have to have a house with gigantic proportions to fit it in, but my how lovely it is!

Simple and sweet and perfect for a small home. I love that this hutch has both a drawer and a pull out cutting board. Our kitchen cabinetry, which dates to the 1930s (about the same as this hutch) also has a pull out cutting board.

Such a beautiful example made all the more attractive with the lovely collection of ironstone platters!

Love this antique white hutch, packed with treasures from the sea.

A gorgeous farmhouse kitchen gets extra storage with the addition of this beautiful hutch.
The chicken wire doors are a quirky touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment