Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I bought in Maine

While I was writing the previous post I received the pictures of the white hutch from my mom. Now I can show all of what I bought in Maine. I've included the prices, since we all wonder about that kind of stuff. In the descriptions of each item I'll tell you what I'm planning to do with it.
Happy Wednesday!
I purchased this large gold mirror from a little shop in York- or somewhere like that on Rt. 1. It was $24. I'm going to hang it over the desk in the guest room.

I love that the glass has started to age so it has all this craqueler and dimension. It's prefect for softly reflecting light from a window into a room.


This gigantic antique picture frame was too good to pass up at $20. I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with it- but it will find a home soon enough.

I snagged this sweet little strainer for $5. I hung it on the kitchen wall by my sink.


I've been on the look out for some authentic antique brass coved drawer pulls for a while. This set was $5 for six, which is a fraction of the price I pay for the new ones at Lowes. 

I got this awesome antique solid oak dresser at a tag sale last summer for $15. It's now in our master bedroom. I've always hated the ugly square wooden drawer pulls on it. I'm going to take off the drawer pulls, fill the holes, and use those brass ones in the center of each drawer. I think it will look very sharp.



We needed a door knob for one of our antique doors upstairs. I loved this antique glass set and at $12, the price was too good to pass up!

The lovely vintage blown glass creamer was only $4. It's just so wonderful and perfect.


And it picks up the color of my antique seltzer bottle so nicely. Perfect!

 **Caution- not so pretty pictures ahead**
So my mom snapped these quick shots of my new antique hutch, and they really don't do it justice...and for some reason she didn't photograph it until it was buried in her garage. But have no fear! I'll take many beautiful photographs of it once it's in my dining room.
 Looks like I'll need to do a little touch up on the paint too.

two plate racks on top, two drawers over two doors on bottom.

I might strip and sand the table top portion. I have a sneaking suspicion it's chestnut underneath there.

And another view. I know it looks nuts like this, but you guys are all going to have to trust me that once I get my claws on it, it will be so spectacular! Oh, and it was $180, so there you have it. Sometimes a girl just needs to indulge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment