Sunday, February 24, 2013

Antiquing in Maine: Part 2

This is a follow up post to the one below. Here is the second batch of pictures from my Friday of antiquing in Maine. Again, this is just a highlights tour of the fun and funky stuff that I loved and wished I could buy (but sadly I'm not made of money). I hope you enjoy the pictures and are having a lazy happy Sunday :)
This image is a little shaky, but I think you can appreciate how beautiful this pair of landscapes is.

Loved this antique window.

SUCH a cool piece of architectural salvage. Can you imagine it as a headboard?

The most decadent mirror tucked away in a corner.

This giant crystal chandelier was so elegant

I love vintage Antiques signs

This landscape caught my eye. It wasn't priced but I didn't even bother asking since everything in this shop was ridiculously overpriced.

Fabulous pair of marble lamps.

Such a cool vintage industrial lamp in an awesome green color.

I really enjoyed the simplicity of this painting.

Another beautify landscape painting.

This was one of my favorite shops. Just so much cool vintage and antique stuff. I took a picture of the whole room because I basically wanted everything in the room.

Again, another lovely impressionist landscape.

Great antique mantle and sweet antique child's rocker.

I wanted very very badly to buy this mantle and put it in our upstairs bedroom. We have just the spot for it, and the price was incredibly reasonable. Sadly, my husband wouldn't go for it when I showed him the pictures. He rather astutely pointed out that if we put that in the room, it would eliminate one of the few walls we had in the space that could accommodate a dresser. It's so pretty though. *sigh*


I actually spotted this chandelier through the window as we drove buy and asked my mom to stop so I could check it out. I really really liked it, and have been wanting one to put in my guest bedroom. At $65- it was well within my budget... but I decided it was just a little too large, and might overpower the space.

I loved this giant antique gilt framed mirror.


wicked cool antique map of Middletown, CT dated 1823

spiffy little spool turned side table.

lots of sparkly vintage jewelry to peruse.


A funky wooden elephant from a bean bag toss.

This vintage garden table had been repurposed with a new funky wood top. I really liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment