Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On Trestle Tables

Several things prompted this post.
1. I really like trestle tables, they're such a classic functional form of dining table.
2. Being that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, it's seasonally appropriate that we should discuss the single most important piece of furniture on turkey day.
 3. I may be embarking on an interesting barn born trestle table project this evening, and with all projects, I like to do a little research ahead of time.

I've worked on a couple trestle tables this fall (pictured below), and now that I've looked at a bunch of other images of them, boy do I want one for myself. It's a good thing I only have one (very small) dining room!
I had some completed projects to show you as well, but I've yet again lost the cable to my digital camera. Hopefully I will find it when I get home and I can upload some pictures then.
I love the light bright surface on this one. Such a gorgeous eat-in kitchen space!

The delicate proportions on this trestle table balance out the rustic materials,
and add an unexpected quirkiness to the kitchen.

A pair of saw horses and a plank top get dressed up with fantastic dining chairs. The entire set is a master class in texture and elegance. 

Cheerful and casual, this hefty trestle table looks right at home on a four season porch.
And those blue aluminum chairs, LOVE.

This is a trestle dining set I did in October. The base included clever built in storage!

A beautiful space, this dining room combines a love seat, two upholstered armchairs, and two resin ghost chairs seamlessly. The trestle table grounds the set and keeps it from becoming too busy.

Limed oak looks ever so sophisticated in this grand dining space.

One of the best dining rooms I've seen in a long while. I love everything about the space, the massive trestle table, the refined chairs, the parquet floors, and all the breathtaking architectural detail. 

A simple, straight forward pine trestle table and matching chairs look sweet and unassuming in this space

No comments:

Post a Comment