Friday, November 9, 2012

Blue Green Glass and a Barn Board Coffee Table Set

Happy Friday!!
Today was a very good day. The sun was shining. The snow was melting, and everything felt very fresh and healthy. I went over to the little consignment store in town on my lunch break to see if I could find a pair of queen anne dining chairs (have been looking unsuccessfully for weeks), and though I didn't find any, I did find something else nice. I scored these beautiful blue green blown glass water glasses and a wonderful antique blown glass bottle with stopper. Under $10 for all five pieces. YES!
Those of you who have followed the blog for a while known that I am a total sucker for blue green glass. Cannot get enough of it! These glasses match the rest of my glassware so nicely and it was a shape I didn't have. I love the little bottle too. So sweet. I don't think I showed you the other fabulous piece of blue green glass I got recently. This large demijohn was made in Lyme Connecticut around 1880. It's about 16 inches tall...was a bit more than $10, but absolutely worth it.

You may have noticed the table top that I was photographing the glasses on. My new side table! Remember I made a barn board coffee table set for a friend last month and was so enamored with the set that I decided to make one for myself? Just finished them this morning. Two matching side tables and I re-used my old oak coffee table. Fun right? AND if you want a set for yourself, I'm going to be photographing and listing a black barn board coffee table set tomorrow! Email me if you want first dibs.
Have a wonderful weekend!






Coffee table and mismatched side tables in September.

Barnboard coffee table and side tables now! Hurray!










No comments:

Post a Comment