Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Sweet Antique Desk

This is a good example of two pieces that started life separately, but with a little paint, are now a perfect pair. I picked this beautiful antique desk up along with several other pieces a couple weeks ago. It was painted an antiqued yellow with floral decoration. Really, it wasn't bad, but the paint had gotten worn and tired, and the whole thing just needed a lighter brighter tone. I found the chair at my local consignment shop and loved it immediately. Such gorgeous delicate lines! I knew it would be the perfect desk chair. Both pieces got painted a bright fresh white, waxed, and buffed. The drawer pulls on the desk were salvaged from another 19th century piece, and then repainted. This one's going up on craigslist, so let me know if you're interested - kateaverydesign@yahoo.com













No comments:

Post a Comment