Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Mahogany Dining Set

Sometimes it's fun to work on furniture that's a little more formal than my usual farmhouse material. I got this beautiful mahogany dining set within the last few weeks, and was very anxious to get started on it because it looked like such a fun project.  The table top turned out soooooo fabulous and rich and smooth, just like glass, and there's an additional leaf, so you can feed an army at this table! I painted the antique chairs a soft creamy white, as well as the base of the table (except for the great original copper feet, which I left as they were). The set also comes with this beautiful antique mahogany sideboard. It's got wonderfully carved legs, and is such a convenient, petite size. This set would be so pretty set for Thanksgiving! It's available, so email me if you're interested!
kateaverydesign@yahoo.com

Before and Afters below!
























4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this dining set. I am currently looking for a set and I think I'm sold. This set has so much more charm and character than I'll be able to find anywhere else! Thanks for sharing!
    I'll be in touch if I can convince the man haha.

    Bridget
    craftybridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this dining set. I am currently looking for a set and I think I'm sold. This set has so much more charm and character than I'll be able to find anywhere else! Thanks for sharing!
    I'll be in touch if I can convince the man haha.

    Bridget
    craftybridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/03/2013

    Hi - just wondering if the dining set & chairs are still available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment! I'm afraid this dining set did find a new home shortly before Christmas. I'll have another three or four dining sets coming up in January. I'll post the pictures as they become available!

    ReplyDelete