Sunday, October 28, 2012

A New Dining Set Project

Sooooo, we're supposed to have a hurricane tomorrow. I'll be painting chairs and dressers inside, safe and sound (hopefully) and should have some new projects to show you by the end of the day...assuming we still have power. On that same note, if we do lose power, I won't be able to post again until it's restored, so please be patient.
I picked up this wonderful vintage dining set on Friday. It's sold pine, six matching chairs, and two leaves. It's a style that we're all familiar with. I think everyone's parents or grand parents have a set like this. I'm planning to give it a new life as a much more modern, rustic set. If you separate yourself from that dreary old pine stain on it now, you can see that the set has gorgeous lines, and could be quite special.
What I'm toying with doing is sanding the table top, and then maybe using a pickled/whitewash stain, and painting the chairs either a medium blue or a deep red to give the set a swedish rustic look.
It'll be available on craiglist when finished, or I can refinish custom. So if you really like the set, shoot me an email and I can refinish is any way. Otherwise, I'd love feedback on whether I should paint those chairs red or blue....or possibly dove gray.
Have a great week and stay safe out there!!
The set is in immaculate condition, just needs a new look!

Here is a dining set with bright red chairs and a rustic table. Very pretty!

I love how the red chairs in this room pop against all the white rustic elements.

Red chairs add character to a long oak library table here.

Red chairs look chic with a classic pine farm table in this space

I adore the color of these chairs. They look so fresh against the white modern table.

Another beautiful set of chairs with a white dining table. I think the effect of the blue would be very similar against the crisp pickled pine of the dining table.


And here's a wonderful antique set with a gorgeous dove gray paint color. So stunning!

This is a set I did this past spring. The dining set was fairly similar. I did this one custom for a client.

Gorgeous dining set in a white, almost gray shade. This is just a beautiful room!

I would love to get depth and texture like this on my table, but sadly you can only earn it
over hundreds of years of use!


No comments:

Post a Comment