Friday, September 14, 2012

Barn Board Dining Table Set

I've been wanting to make one of these for sooooo long. I've done barn board tops on sideboards, islands, coffee tables, dressers, but never a dining table. I decided this was the perfect set for a barn board top because the woodgrain on the original table top was fairly underwhelming and because I really liked how modern the set was otherwise. I knew the juxtaposition of the rustic, satisfyingly textured top with the modern table base would be so delicious. I sanded the boards until they were smooth as a baby's bottom, then stained them a rich dark walnut, then I sealed the top. It's so smooth, and has so much character! The solid oak chairs are painted a black gloss enamel, and keeping with the rustic meets modern theme, I upholstered the (very very comfortable) seat cushions in a wonderful canvas sack cloth. I think the results are pretty dynamite! This one's available, so let me know if you're interested!!
Before - and in need of some style!















2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/18/2012

    Can the leg be removed from this table in order to get it into an apartment? If so, is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The legs can indeed be removed. They are double bolted from the inside, which is a pretty standard design. The dining set is still available. If you would like more information, please feel free to email me. Kateaverydesign@yahoo.com or kathleenrounds27@yahoo.com. Thanks! -Kate

    ReplyDelete