Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coffee table set before and after

I fell in love this set as soon as I saw it two weeks ago at a sale in Hebron. The scrolled curved apron on the coffee table is lovely. I knew it was really really good pine and would sand beautifully. As soon as I sanded the top, as I could see that it was some of the best wood grain I'd found in a while. I did this set custom for a client. They choose Benjamin Moore's Bayou Blue for the sides, and we did Minwax's pickled oak stain, then poly on the top. I love the blue. It's so saturated and delicious. I waxed and buffed all the painted surfaces to give them a subtle shine and to protect the paint. I think they turned out so fresh and bold, very summery. Before and after pics below ~
Before- and really pretty just as they were.
Another before.
and after!

side table before

and after!


Just look at that wood!

SOOOOOOO STUNNING!

I think pine is my favorite wood to work on...though I really like maple too...and oak lol.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/03/2012

    test comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/05/2012

    hello, i have tried contacting you several times over craigslist regarding furniture you have listed there. i am interested in one of the sideboards you have posted, and will be looking for a dining table in 1-2 months. i would appreciate it if you could contact me at lisacsander@gmail.com. thanks, lisa

    ReplyDelete