Monday, June 11, 2012

A Productive Weekend

Good Morning! So sorry for the two days without a post. I worked all day Saturday and Sunday, and in my free moments I was working on furniture. Despite being crazy busy I did manage to get some great furniture and decor accessories over the weekend.
As you know because I've been grousing about it non-stop, I couldn't go to the town wide tagsale on Saturday as I had to work. Luckily, my husband is Ah-mazing and went around to the tagsales shopping on my behalf. He's a good guy. He got me a cute little maple side chair and this awesome pine sideboard. I also managed to stop at a tagsale before I had to be at work at 8am on Saturday. They were just setting up and I saw them carrying this stunning little solid oak antique chest of drawers out onto the lawn. I literally did a u-turn, jogged over in my heels, and bought it on the spot. I'm keeping it. It's so tiny and sweet.
On Saturday evening when I finished work I got another cute dresser.
On Sunday morning I hit up the flea market and two tagsales before work- both also very lucrative.
 So now I've got dressers and dining sets coming out my ears- plus two potential sideboards. If any of you are looking for a custom piece- don't hesitate to reach out to me. I'm always happy to do custom work and its usually the same cost as the piece would be anyway.
The flea market yesterday morning was the biggest I've ever seen there. It was lots and lots of fun, but  didn't go too hog wild- managed to get some cool pieces, but didn't buy anything I didn't need either. Here are the pics below, and they will be added to the 'inventory' page as well.
This is one the husband picked up for me on Saturday. Perhaps hard to see now- but this is going to be a fabulous sideboard. New drawer pulls, sleek black paint, a barn board top, trust me. And nice spot, husband, I would have bought it too1

My little dresser that I did a u-turn for. I mean, really, could it get any cuter? $15- too. perfection.

Solid rock maple dresser, I think I'll paint the case white, do the top in a nice light stain to really showcase the wood.

It's got its original drawer pulls too. Super cute.

I picked this dresser up on my way home from work. The husband had the truck but I was determined to get it home. Luckily, the tagsale was just up the street from us, and I was able to make it home. 

This is actually pretty old. Looking at the backboards and everything I think its from about 1930. All solid pine and maple. I'd like to do this in a really funky avant garde finish- if anyone's interested. 

Obviously those drawer pulls are heinous, but its so crazy and interesting looking. Really fun.

I got this mid-19th century dining table at the flea market. It's structurally in great shape, and I'm just going to re-do the top and probably paint the legs. It would be perfect for a small dining room or eat-in kitchen in an antique home.


This big green bowl is to add to my collection. $4!



Another to add to my collection. I think this is my favorite one yet. I love the color.


I now have nine antique mixing bowls. So pretty all displayed in my little antique cupboard!

This awesome bag was free at one of the tagsales I went to. I love the light leather with the navy blue. It'll be great for day trips and maybe even the flea market.

I got this industrial rolling cart at the flea market yesterday for $5. I'm going to refinish (as you can see I've already started) and turn it into a bar cart. I adore those industrial rolling carts, and this one stopped me dead in my tracks. It's got great wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment