Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vintage Pecan Dining Table Set

I picked this dining table set up a couple weeks ago. I knew it would turn out beautiful It was in great condition and just needed a new look. I painted the chairs and the table frame a black gloss and then re-did the table top is a richer warmer brown. This was a fun set to work on because it was all just cosmetic work, not a lot of maintenance required. I love the clean lines of the set, and the mid century modern style of the chairs. It would look as good in a 19th century farmhouse as in a modern city loft. It's a flexible table too- with six chairs and an internal leaf, it can go from regular to dinner party in a matter of moments. This one's for sale and up on craigslist, so just let me know if you're interested!
Befores and Afters below
Before
After!






I have to say, though the result is satisfying, painting windsor chairs has to be the most tedious thing in the world. And I was covered with black paint for days.


I like the way the top overhangs the frame when the leaf is open. It reminds me of antique shaker farm tables.




2 comments:

  1. These is a truely classy collection of dining table sets. I recently renovated my house and was looking for some trendy and stylish looking dining table sets. Your post has proved to be my saviour. These are such great looking dining tables sets. I wil surely get one for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I'm glad that i visit this page. Thank you for sharing it.
    Dining Room Furniture

    ReplyDelete