Monday, April 23, 2012

Antique Desk before and after

Last weekend I got the chance to go to the flea market with my mom. Since she lives in Maine, a three hour drive away, it was a rare treat. She got a great little 19th century sewing box and a hooked rug. I got a fabulous antique shelf (to keep for myself) and this wonderful antique desk. The desk has definite Queen Anne style with the bold, fine cabriole legs, but I think it dates to about 1910, as it also has wonderful Art Nouveau carved trim that runs along the apron on all four sides.
The lines are undeniably attractive. When I first saw it, it was covered in a fairly old, chippy, salmon pink paint. It had a certain charm with the paint, but I thought it would look even better, and more elegant, fixed up a bit. Before and afters below. It's for sale, haven't put it up on craigslist yet, so if you want first dibs, send me a message!





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/26/2012

    Hello,

    Do you still have this desk as well, or did you seel it already? I just sent you an email through Craigslist in regards to your dressers. They are beautiful!!

    Take Care!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    The desk is still available. I don't think I got your email on the dressers. If you like, you can email me at kathleenrounds27@yahoo.com or kateaverydesign@yahoo.com to talk about the dressers and desk.
    Thanks!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete