Thursday, December 8, 2011

My favorite coffee table yet

I enjoy working on coffee tables as a rule. They're pretty straight forward, quick to work on, and generally turn out better than expected. When I picked this little Queen Anne style table up a couple weekends ago, it was pretty plain, but Pennsylvania House, and nice and solid. I sanded down the top, and decided to use a redder toned stain that my normal dark wood tops, to bring out the natural color of the top. Wow did that make a difference! The top of the table has the most beautiful warm color now- it reminds me of a sunset. So rich and elegant. In order to really let the top stand out, and make the table a bit more modern, I painted the legs black with Martha Stewart's onyx semi-gloss. The table turned out so pretty, it makes me smile every time I look at it. Here's the before and after pics. This table is also for sale on craigslist here.







2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/18/2012

    I Love This Table, I am Soo Glad that I purchased it from you .

    Thank You,
    Ed Gallagher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It really makes my day that you like the coffee table. I'm so happy it has found such an appreciative home. It was such a pleasure to meet you both on Monday.
    Cheers!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete