Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

I am in no way a winter person. Oh I enjoy Christmas well enough, with the pomp and circumstance that comes with it. But after the holidays, there is the long, brutal trudge of January, February, March, and most of April. Miserable dark, cold, boring months. UGH. And this year it's come early. We have three inches of snow on the ground and weather.com is saying 10-14 inches when all is said and done. Oh, and we're probably going to lose power, as if we didn't have enough of that from Irene, just two months ago. So last night I bought some flowers from the grocery store, and picked everything that was still blooming in my garden, and made a couple of center pieces. The last hurrah of the warmer months. I love arranging flowers. It's probably snowing, or at least cold, where you are too, so here are some pretty pictures of floral centerpieces. Mine are the last ones.
I love the green hydrangea here

Daffodils are one of my favorites. I'm always so happy to see them in April!

Such a beautiful shade of green.

How beautiful. It makes me yearn for spring already.

I love the simplicity of this centerpiece. It looks just plucked from the garden.

Elegant and simple. Tulips are fabulous.

The host leaves are from my garden. Everything else is from the Stop and Shop flower shop

The sedum and lemon verbena mint are from my garden. I collect antique mason jars in pretty colors. They make great vases.

This is all from my garden. The mint smells wonderful.

And here they are in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment